Weta Workshop Fantasy Academy in Korea (2016)
World famous visual designers from Weta Workshop Visit Gwangmyeong City.
You can meet their knowledges on visual designs at global academy.
The program of 2016 is not yet confirmed.
Weta Workshop Academy in 2015
– Lecturer : Ben Wooten (Concept Designer of LOTR, King Kong etc)
– Lecture Period : Oct. 19, Mon ~ Oct, 23, Fri (4pm~6pm)
– Place : AV room, 1F, Gwangmyeong Upcycling Art Centre
– Language service : Translation
– Applicants : 50
– Apply to : website
– Appication Period : Sep. 1, 2015 ~ Sep. 30, 2015
2. 2015 Five Lectures
# Lecture 1 / Overview of concept design
· What is a concept design?
· The difference between concept art and concept design
· Case study of good design and bad design
· Concept design is a troubleshooter
# Lecture 2 / Research & Brainstorming
· Summary of th problem
· Visual research, how to use mood board (to check the harmony of the colour and texture), reading, collaboration to seek for a solution with colleagues, etc.
# Lecture 3 / The beginning of the design
· shadow management, black and white & coloured, photoshop, description of surroundings, etc.
# Lecture 4 / Cultural desgin – Case study of different projects
# Lecture 5 / Workshop, Design practice by teams (3 ~ 4 hours)
· Participants should bring own personal laptop for the class.